Top 5 Bakuman Manga I Want To Read

(WARNING! This blog post contains spoilers for Bakuman! Either read the entire manga or watch the entire anime, and then, come back!)


Back in January 2016, I finished watching the Bakuman anime, and just last night, I finished reading the manga (which I wrote a review for which you can read here). In case you don't know, it's about a pair of middle school boys who decide to leave their own mark in the manga industry. Of course, it's inevitable that there will be lots of in-series manga, some of them even getting in-series anime adaptations! (We actually get to experience a little bit of both for one of them, "Otters 11".) Personally, there are a few that I'm interested in actually reading for myself. I've been planning to do this list for quite a while, and now that I'm done with the manga, couldn't this be a more appropriate time? Well, here we go!

Honorable Mentions

Can't Fool Me (Kazuya Hiramaru)
+NATURAL (Eiji Niizuma and Aiko Akina)
ZOMBIE GUN (Eiji Niizuma)
Detective Trap (Muto Ashirogi)
hideout door (Ko Aoki and Takuro Nakai)
Classroom of Truth (Tooru Nanamine)

Oh my god, I can't believe I added "Classroom of Truth". I freaking HATE Nanamine and his methods for creating manga! It was an interesting idea, though, other than how it came from four different people....

5. What God Gave Me.... (Ko Aoki)

(Sorry. No picture for this one.)

This manga is the third series Ko Aoki (real name: Yuriko Aoki) created. It started as a one-shot for the Super Leaders' Love Fest, where it got first place and eventually went on to become a series (only to later be canceled). The story of this manga follows a love story between a human and an angel. Judging from what I know about this manga, it seems like a really touching story. I really would have loved to read "What God Gave Me"!

4. Reversi (Muto Ashirogi)


This is the manga series from Muto Ashirogi that finally got the anime adaptation they were aiming for! It's about two humans who get powers from demons, and using those powers, they fight against each other! Now, be honest, people; who doesn't want to read the Muto Ashirogi manga that finally got an anime adaptation? It looks really cool, and the way they wrapped it up is just freaking perfect! It also reminded me a bit of "Death Note" (which, by the way, is from the same creators as Bakuman), so that makes "Reversi" seem even cooler.

3. CROW (Eiji Niizuma)


Now, I'm just going to say it; I hate eternally-running shounen manga like "One Piece". Even if it looks like it could be cool, I want to be able to finish that series. In the world of "Bakuman", "CROW" could have been one of those eternally-running shounen manga, but Eiji Niizuma, the mangaka behind it, ended it on his own terms and in apparently the most epic way possible. I want to see for myself how epic this ending is, but in order to do that, I'd have to start from the beginning. There's no way to start from the beginning, though, because this is only an in-series manga. It's really a shame that I can never really experience "CROW".

2. Road Racer Giri (Shinta Fukuda)


Answer me honestly; doesn't that look cool?! This is the manga Fukuda, one of my favorite characters in Bakuman, created after finishing "Kiyoshi Knight"; actually, it's because of Giri's popularity as a one-shot that "Kiyoshi Knight" ended and Giri began serialization in the first place. Later on, it even got an anime adaptation. In the anime, there is a scene where Fukuda and his assistants are actually watching this anime adaptation, and it honestly looked so cool that I wanted to actually step right into my computer screen and watch it with them! All joking aside, if "Road Racer Giri", be it the manga or the anime, was real, I'd definitely read or watch it, and it would actually be my first racing manga or anime!

1. PCP: Perfect Crime Party (Muto Ashirogi)


Now this is what I'd call an original idea. I mean, a group of elementary school kids committing "perfect crimes" in their school? Wait, that sounded bad.... well, why do you think this wasn't the one out of Muto Ashirogi's manga that got the anime adaptation? Either way, it's such an original idea with interesting-seeming characters that there wasn't a doubt in my mind that PCP would be the manga to dominate the #1 spot on my list. Fortunately, it is available in light novel form, but unfortunately, it's only available in Japan. Well, another reason to start learning how to read Japanese!

That concludes my list. If there's actually anyone who even bothered to read this list, I have a question for you. What manga that are only available in Bakuman would you like to actually be able to read? In fact, what manga or anime that are only available in a certain manga or anime are you interested in reading or watching? Most importantly, how guilty do you feel that you won't be able to?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Complaint About HuniePop + A HuniePop Visual Novel?

The 20 Anime I Wanted To Watch In 2017: Have I Watched Them By 2023?

What I'll Be Watching During The Spring 2024 Anime Season