What I'll Be Watching During The Spring 2024 Anime Season

(WARNING!: Some of my explanations for the anime on this list may contain spoilers for previous seasons of that anime. Please read with caution.)

Well, it's that time again. Winter 2024 is approaching its end, and with that, most of the anime that premiered during this season, along with some anime that premiered during an earlier season, have started airing their finales. It won't be long until the Spring 2024 season comes, and with it will come a plethora of new anime, whether they're completely new or just a continuation of an anime that premiered much earlier than now. I don't know about anyone else, but spring 2024 is looking to be a busy season for me. I'm working on getting my driver's license, I'm preparing to go back to college in the fall, and there are 15 anime that I plan to watch during the season.

Curious about what those 15 anime are? Well, can't hurt to tell you, can it?

1. Delicious in Dungeon


"Hey, wait a minute! This is a Winter 2024 anime!" Yeah, I know, but if AniList is to be believed, Delicious in Dungeon will have 24 episodes, and given how anime episodes air on a weekly basis, that means that it will continue airing into the Spring 2024 season. Anyway, Delicious in Dungeon is....well, I don't hate it so much that I'm not going to keep watching, but I've always thought it was a little overrated. I mean, I admire the creativity with all of the different foods, but for a comedy anime, it's not all that funny to me. Maybe I'll like it more if I just give it a lot more time to cook. Heh, get it? Cook? Okay, I'll stop.

2. A Condition Called Love


Yeah, Delicious in Dungeon is the only continuing anime that I'm watching; everything else on the list will either be a new season of an anime I've watched previously or something completely new that I'm interested in. A Condition Called Love, or Hananoi-kun to Koi no Yamai, falls into the latter category. The fact that it has the "Yandere" tag on AniList does make me worry about just how healthy the relationship between the two main leads in this shoujo romance will be, but hey, I've found anime like Akkun to Kanojo and Momokuri to be cute, despite my better judgment! Other than that, this anime looks really cute, and I've heard that the manga it's based on is really good. I'm willing to give the anime a watch, and if it doesn't creep me out too much, I might give the manga a read, too!

3. Hibike! Euphonium 3


Ah, yeah! Hibike Euphonium is back, baby! I watched and wrote reviews for the first two seasons back when they came out, and I enjoyed them a lot! I haven't written reviews for any other entries in the series, but I did watch all of it and enjoyed it, especially Liz and the Blue Bird. (Seriously, any Hibike Euphonium fan should go and watch Liz and the Blue Bird immediately, especially if you like Nozomi and Mizore from the second season. It's so beautiful!) Needless to say, I'm pretty excited for season three! Maybe I'll write a review for the third season once it ends? I've been trying (with a little bit of success) to get out of my review-writing funk lately, so that's not out of the question!

4. Highspeed Etoile


Out of all of the anime I plan to watch during the Spring 2024 season, this one is probably the oddest choice I've made. Is the animation any good? Doesn't look like it. What's it about? I don't really care that much. (Something about racecars?) All I care about is the fact that Nana Mizuki and Yui Horie - two of my all-time favorite anime voice actresses - are part of the cast. Like, seriously, that's what made me decide to watch it in the first place. Well, maybe it'll turn out to be surprisingly good? We'll see.

5. Demon Slayer: Hashira Training Arc


Surprise, surprise. The latest season of Demon Slayer is on an anime fan's "What I'll Be Watching In Spring 2024" list. Admittedly, though, I wasn't watching Demon Slayer on a weekly basis until the Swordsmith Village Arc; before that, I was watching each season after they'd finished airing. Anyway, yeah, I'm looking forward to the next Demon Slayer arc that Ufotable needs to adapt, but there are two concerns that I have. The first is that apparently, the Hashira Training Arc only lasts 9 chapters, which is more than three times of the Entertainment Distract and Swordsmith Village Arcs separately; as a result, I'm a little concerned that they're going to stretch out the arc for longer than necessary. I mean, they could do what the TV version of Mugen Train did and only produce, like, six episodes for this arc, and given that this season will be premiering in May instead of April - when spring anime would normally be premiering - that might be what's going to happen. The fact that it's premiering in May is my second concern, though; I'm worried that it might kill some of my hype for the season, especially since there are 14 other anime I plan to watch during the spring season. Oh, well. Hopefully, those concerns will turn out to be non-issues!

6. Konosuba 3


Finally, we get to see Megumin with Kazuma, Aqua, and Darkness again! In case you didn't know, Konosuba: An Explosion on This Wonderful World - a Konosuba prequel/spin-off focusing on our favorite explosion-magic-using archmage - aired in its entirety last year, and while I did enjoy it quite a bit, it did make me more eager to get back to the adventures of the party she would eventually be a part of. It's just not the same without Aqua being useless, Darkness being masochistic, and Kazuma being....well, Kazuma!


Anyway, the animation in this season is being done by Drive instead of Studio Deen (who did the first two seasons) or J.C. Staff (who did the movie), but since they did a decent job with the spin-off, I'm not too concerned! Even if the animation does turn out to be....not so good, at least it'll still be funny, right?

7. Mushoku Tensei II Part 2


Ah, Mushoku Tensei. Love it or hate it, the light novel version of this anime is what shaped the isekai genre as we know it today....which may be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on your point of view. Personally, I've enjoyed the Mushoku Tensei anime so far, despite some questionable scenes and my mixed feelings for Rudeus as a character overall; it has an interesting story and some really gorgeous animation! The first part of the second season wasn't exactly my favorite part of the series so far (although I did still enjoy it, especially the development of Rudeus and Sylphie's relationship), but hopefully, the second part turns out to be even better! Let's just hope Rudeus doesn't somehow get another case of erectile dysfunction - I mean, what?

8. Nijiyon Animation 2


The second season of this Love Live spin-off is the only short anime I plan on watching during spring 2024. Each episode of the first season was only three-and-a-half minutes long, and I assume that season two will be the same way. Nijiyon was pretty standard as far as chibi spin-offs go, but hey, I do like the Nijigasaki High School Idol Club, so I'm not opposed to watching more of it! If I can help it, though, I would prefer to watch the three DVD specials from the first season first. I haven't been able to find them with English subtitles, and that's really frustrating!

9. Spice and Wolf: merchant meets the wise wolf


Okay, I'll admit it; I'm not exactly the biggest Spice and Wolf fan. Nothing particularly wrong with it; I just couldn't quite get into it. That being said, I'm not entirely sure why Spice and Wolf needs a remake, since I don't think the animation has aged that poorly. I knew that Chloe was an anime-original character made as a replacement to a character from the light novels and manga, but are there more differences between the light novel and the anime that warranted this remake? I have no idea, but what I do know is that I'm willing to give Spice and Wolf another chance. Who knows? Maybe I'll actually come to love it this time!

10. Re:Monster


Ah, finally, after 5 entries in a row that are just sequels or remakes, some fresh meat! Jokes aside, this is the third and last isekai I'm going to be watching during the spring season, as well as the only completely new one. Well, I'm not sure if "completely new" is the right phrase, given that it's an adaptation of a light novel.... Anyway, I got the opportunity to read the first five volumes of the manga a few years ago because of a friend lending them to me, and while it's not really a favorite of mine, it was kind of interesting. I didn't think it was going to get an anime, since the original light novel series has already ended (if you don't count the sequel), but imagine my surprise when an anime was announced! Hopefully, it turns out to be good.

11. Whisper Me A Love Song


Dear Lord, I need to get around to reading the rest of this manga. I bought and read the first volume sometime after the anime was announced, and holy crap in a bucket, it was so cute! I can definitely see why a lot of yuri fans love it! Plus, the animation looks really good, and this is coming from two studios who haven't had the most impressive track record! Needless to say, I'm looking forward to this anime. Enough has been said.

12. Seiyuu Radio no Uraomote


Speaking of yuri.... well, okay, I don't know if this is an actual yuri anime or if there's only yuri bait. Anyway, Seiyuu Radio no Uraomote is an anime that has been popping up for me quite a bit ever since it was announced. I thought it looked kind of fun, and eventually, I just bit the bullet and added it to my Planning list. The characters' anime designs don't look quite as cute as their light novel designs, in my opinion, but whatever. I just hope this turns out to be good!

13. Tadaima, Okaeri


The Omegaverse has been a theme in several manga for I don't even care how long, especially in sexually explicit yaoi manga; however, for probably obvious reasons, we've never got an omegaverse anime until now. I've never read any omegaverse manga in my life - again, for probably obvious reasons - but this is a small part of anime history that I feel like I have to witness. In all seriousness, though, this looks really cute and wholesome for an omegaverse anime, and I'd like to see if it really is as cute and wholesome as it seems!

Hmm. I'm watching both a yuri anime and a yaoi anime in the spring season. Go figure.

14. The iDOLM@STER: Shiny Colors


That's it. All I've seen of the Idolmaster anime franchise is the original anime and anything related to that. I keep putting off Cinderella Girls, I failed to realize that SideM existed, and I skipped over Million Live. But no more! No more, I say! I will watch Shiny Colors if it's the last thing I do! Sure, the 3-D animation looks kind of wonky, but it's better than nothing!

15. Vampire Dormitory


Finally, there's Vampire Dormitory. The premise isn't exactly anything original, and the manga it's based on isn't exactly a popular or well-liked one; however, I still want to give it a go. The mangaka behind Vampire Dormitory, Ema Tooyama, has drawn a lot of manga - especially shoujo manga - over the course of about 20 years, yet none of them has gotten an anime adaptation until this one. Personally, I would have preferred for I Am Here to have gotten an anime adaptation instead, but I'll take what I can get. Either way, I'm looking forward to it!

And that concludes my list of the 15 anime I'll be watching during the Spring 2024 season! Will I actually get around to them, especially given the other life commitments I have going on? I sure hope I will! If not, I can just hope that summer 2024 ends up not being as packed for me so I can catch up on the ones I fall behind on....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Anime That I Will NEVER Watch + Top 5 Anime That I Will NEVER Finish

My Biggest Complaint About HuniePop + A HuniePop Visual Novel?

Top 10 Visual Novels I Want To Play